Brainstorming Session The emperors’ clothes Ethical and informed choices The European Development Days 2017 8 June 2017 | Tour & Taxis, Brussels, Belgium "The Emperor’s Clothes" for Ethical
The emperors’ clothes
Ethical and informed choices
The European Development Days 2017
8 June 2017 | Tour & Taxis, Brussels, Belgium
The Session will discuss practical approaches for encouraging companies in the textile and apparel industry to adopt sustainable business practices in support of the UN Sustanable Development Goal 12 (SDG12).
This will contribute to the overarching goal of the EU Development Days: protecting consumers, workers, and the natural environment, while preserving the industry’s competitiveness.
More specifically, the event will aim at :
• Discussing practical approaches for encouraging companies in the industry to embrace sustainable business practices, in support of the SDG 12 on responsible consumption and production
• Raising awareness as regards production and consumption trends for the clothing and textile, and its environmental and social impacts and long-term consequences
• Gathering inputs for the development of trusted, harmonized industry standards, related labels, and certification schemes for traceability and measuring performance
• Initiating an effective global partnerships on traceability in the clothing and textile sector
• Featuring a demo of clothing produced with a fully traceable supply chain.