Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T
Best Ethical Sustainable Trend
Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T. focuses on three essential elements:
- the productive excellence of the Biellese territory and the world renowned Made in Italy,
- Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto’s inherent artistic creativity,
- the commitment towards a transformation of society in a responsible and sustainable way.
Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T. realizes collections based on this philosophy with young fashion designers selected in collaboration with Franca Sozzani (historic editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia), coordinates and promotes meetings and public events aimed at sensitizing to a sustainable consumption, takes part in international work groups and organizes seminars and educational programmes.
Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T. displays ecosustainable textile materials and products in a permanent exhibition at Cittadellarte.
Here are some of the activities carried out throughout the years.
Please, find below Paolo Naldini’s presentation for his key note speech at the Conference on Sustainable Fashion within the context of High Level Political Forum on Sustainability by United Nations, New York – July 2018.
FORESTS FOR FASHION – FASHION FOR FORESTS
On the occasion of the International Day of Forests
UNECE/FAO Forestry and Timber section and Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto presented:
– Artistic performance Terzo Paradiso by Michelangelo Pistoletto and Cittadellarte, with the collaboration of the Contemporary art centre and the School of art in Geneva
– Conference on sustainable fibres originating from forests and their use in the fashion industry, gathering all the actors from the supply chain
– Fashion show: event and exhibition
With the participation of:
Michael Møller GENERAL DIRECTOR OF THE UNITED NATIONS’ OFFICE IN GENEVA
Maurizio Enrico Luigi Serra AMBASSADOR, PERMANENT REPRESENTATIVE OF ITALY AT THE UNITED NATIONS
Michelangelo Pistoletto ARTIST
Mario Boselli PRESIDENT OF THE ITALIAN CHAMBER OF FASHION
19th September 2012, Piazza Duomo, Milan
The Third Paradise for the Manifesto of Sustainability for Italian Fashion
event curated by Milan’s Chamber of Fashion
Official video by Gangvideo | Courtesy of Milan’s Chamber of Fashion
On 19th September 2012, on the occasion of the opening of Milan’s Fashion Week, the artistic performance The Third Paradise, by Michelangelo Pistoletto, is held in Piazza Duomo (more infoon the Third Paradise here).
Michelangelo Pistoletto’s symbol of the Third Paradise is recreated in Piazza Duomo thanks to the collaboration of a thousand students from fashion, art and design schools from Milan.
A special live event meant to facilitate and promote a transformation of society through the spreading of the message/myth of the Third Paradise.
Brief chronology of B.E.S.T.’s main activities/events from 2009:
• 21st March – 15th April: “Forests for Fashion – Fashion for Forests”, Palais de Nations, Geneva.
• 19th September: “The Third Paradise for the Manifesto of Sustainability in Italian Fashion”, Piazza Duomo, Milan.
• 26th May: Michelangelo Pistoletto receives the “Pyramid of excellency” from the young creatives from the Italian Academy of Art, Fashion and Design in Florence.
• 18th May: “Fabric, this wonderful unknown”, Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto.
• 7th– 8th March: The B.E.S.T. platform presents fabrics, yarns and accessories by its partner companies at FILO, Palazzo delle Stelline, Milan.
• March – September: Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T. is showcased in the exhibition “Michelangelo Pistoletto: From One to Many – Cittadellarte” at the MAXXI – National Museum of 21st Century Art in Rome.
• May – June: International Congress of Intercolor (an association gathering experts of colour from 13 countries for the colour charts S/S 2013), at Cittadellarte, organized and promoted by Color Coloris and Cittadellarte Fashion.
• July: participation in Pitti Immagine e filati in Florence.
• September: participation in AbitaMi at Fiera Milano, in collaboration with Color Coloris.
• September: Cittadellarte B.E.S.T at Milan Fashion City, as part of the events of the Fashion Week; communication through the paper guide and the portal dedicated to sustainable fashion.
• October: The B.E.S.T. platform presents fabrics, yarns and accessories by its partner companies at FILO, Palazzo delle Stelline, Milan.
• October: Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T. and the project New Luxury by Ibada Wadud at UNIDEE 2011’S Open Studio: “New Luxury is a global and continuous project exploring challenges and opportunities of sustainability and innovation in the textile fibre, fabric and fashion industries, with the aim of defining the best practices of social responsibility and integrating them into the identity of luxury brands, and sensitizing the consumer.” (more info here)
• July: Michelangelo Pistoletto presents the project B.E.S.T. and all the companies in its platform at the Maison Valentino, on the occasion of Alta Moda Roma.
• July: Participation of Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T. in the steering committee of the project of the United Nations “Unctad” on the biodiversity in the fashion and cosmetic industries.
• September: Presentation of the Capsule Collection at the art gallery Christian Stein in Milan.
• October: International workshop “Food, Shelter & Clothes” at Cittadellarte, with the participation of the partners in the platform, as well as London College of Fashion, The Swedish School of Textiles, Parsons School New York.
• June: 3-day workshop with 11 fashion designers selected by Franca Sozzani and Michelangelo Pistoletto, with the participation of Luca Mercalli, at Cittadellarte in Biella.
• September: Launch of Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T, working conference at Cittadellarte, with Walter Santagata, Paolo Zegna, Franca Sozzani, Michelangelo Pistoletto, Charlotte Casiraghi; presentation of the ecosustainable products of the B.E.S.T. platform and catwalk performance of 11 unique items of clothing.
Leaf through the publication of the event B.E.S.T. 2009.
Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T studios
INFO: Cittadellarte Fashion B.E.S.T. | Olga Pirazzi – firstname.lastname@example.org